EQUAL GROUND Sri Lanka works for the social, political, civil and economic rights of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Intersex and Questioning (LGBTIQ) community of Sri Lanka. Our work revolves around raising awareness and engaging in high level advocacy work that takes place domestically and internationally. We are on the lookout for bright and dynamic individuals who would like a career in advocating for LGBTIQ rights.
During our hiring process we will be focusing on the following competencies.
• Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
• Decision Making
• Problem Solving
• Work Ethic
Remuneration will depend on qualifications/experience at industry standard with EPF & ETF. Volunteers and Interns will be provided with a minimal travel stipend for days worked.
We are currently looking for:
We are currently recruiting individuals with experience in the field of Marketing for our Media and Communications Unit (MCU). The Marketing Manager is expected to Manage all marketing for the company and activities within the MCU department. Develop the marketing strategy for the organisation in line with the organisation’s objectives, coordinate marketing campaigns, plan and implement promotional campaigns. Oversee the publication of EQUALITY magazine and liaise with designers, printers and potential and current advertisers.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Preliminary Certificate in Marketing or a Diploma in Marketing or a Post Graduate diploma in Marketing
• Fluency in English (reading writing and speaking) is essential
• Fluency in either Tamil or Sinhala (reading writing and speaking) also essential
• Excellent communication, IT, budgeting and project management skills
• Strong time management skills – able to multitask, juggle multiple assignments over long periods, and meet all established deadlines
• Need to know how to develop legible, well-designed type. Knowledge of color theory is critical
• Sound knowledge of advertising
• Sound knowledge about Social Media platforms
• Have a knowledge of layouts and design (non technical)
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions
• Excellent administrative and coordination skills, with experience of working in a similar role, in a busy and fast paced environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word and Excel in particular)
• Storing initiative and ability to work under minimum of supervision
• Ability to multitask, working with several jobs simultaneously and to agreed deadlines.
• Interest in LGBTIQ issues
To apply, please email your CV with two non-related references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the job position you will be applying to in the subject.
EQUAL GROUND is an equal opportunity employer